To apply for UCARE, you must submit an online application during the open period for each UCARE term. If you intend to apply for both Summer 2020 and Academic Year 2020-2021, you will need to submit two separate applications.
January 13 - February 10: Summer 2020 Application Period
January 13 - March 2: Academic Year 2020-2021 Application Period
You are eligible to apply for UNL's Undergraduate Research Program if the following statements are true for you:
1. I am currently enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree program at UNL
2. I will have completed 30 credit hours of undergraduate work by May 2020 (but not more than 120).
3. I can verify excellent undergraduate academic achievement (2.75 or higher GPA).
4. I am able to commit to 10 hours of research a week (academic year applicants) or 20 hours of research each week (summer applicants).
5. I have identified and confirmed a faculty member who is willing to serve as a faculty research advisor.
6. I have drafted my research proposal.
7. I am willing to participate in UCARE sponsored events.