To apply for UCARE, students must submit an online application between November 15, 2020 - February 15, 2021 on NuRamp.
Students can apply for a project in Summer 21, Academic Year 21-22, or an extended project from June 2021 - April 2022. If a student plans to engage in two different projects in Summer 21 and Academic Year 21-22, they should submit two separate applications for each term.
You are eligible to apply for UNL's Undergraduate Research Program if the following statements are true for you:
1. I am currently enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree program at UNL
2. I will have completed 30 credit hours of undergraduate work by May 2021 (but not more than 120).
3. I can verify excellent undergraduate academic achievement (2.75 or higher GPA).
4. I am able to commit to 10 hours of research a week (academic year applicants) or 20 hours of research each week (summer applicants).
5. I have identified and confirmed a faculty member who is willing to serve as a faculty research advisor.
6. I have drafted my research proposal.
7. I am willing to participate in UCARE sponsored events.