Responsible Conduct of Research
All undergraduate researchers are required to complete the online “Responsible Conduct of Research” (RCR) training module offered through the Office of Research and Economic Development.
The training only takes about one hour to complete. It covers seven topics of RCR that apply to all student researchers, and you’ll receive a completion certificate when you’ve finished.
The training program can be accessed via Blackboard.
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on the “Courses & Organizations” tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the “Course Search” box, type “Responsible” and click “Go”
- A list of RCR courses available will populate. Enroll in the course for the current semester
- You will be automatically redirected to a Self-Enrollment page. Click “SUBMIT.” An “Action Successful” screen will appear.
- Return to your Blackboard homepage. “RSH TRNG GRDC98” will now appear in your course list. Click the link to begin the course.
Further information can be accessed from the Research Responsibility website.
Institutional Review Board
If your research involves human subjects, the project will require approval by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). If your project is a part of your faculty advisor’s research involving human subjects, your advisor will have already completed this step. For more information on the IRB process visit the Office of Research Responsibility website.